Whether you just don’t care for Halloween or you are looking for some alternative ways to have fun in October, these kid-friendly Halloween alternatives are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Fun Halloween Alternatives that are Kid-Friendly
- Give Instead of Receiving – This activity can actually be done anytime of the year. Have your children help you bag up some candy, then deliver them to friends and family. No tricking here – just treating!
- Host a Harvest Party – Instead of scary Halloween decorations and costumes, have a harvest party. Do some fun fall crafts, bob for apples, create a caramel apple bar, and have fun celebrating the season.
- Decorate some Pumpkins – Whether you do this as a family or you have a fun party and invite some of your children’s friends over, decorating pumpkins is always a big hit. You can paint, draw, stick on googly eyes or carve, whatever makes it enjoyable for everyone.
- Host a Neighborhood Chili Cookoff – A fun neighborhood block party doesn’t have to be fancy. Ask everyone to bring a pot of chili, set out a table, some bowls, spoons and voting cards. Let everyone taste and vote on each pot of chili. The winner gets the knowledge of knowing their chili is the best, until next year!
- Pumpkin Bowling – For this fun activity, you need a big round pumpkin and 9 gourds that will stand up on their own. You can play this one on the footpath or in your driveway.
- Pumpkin Chunkin – If you have ever been to a pumpkin throwing event, you might just get the appeal. If you have a garden, large yard or a park nearby, host a pumpkin throwing competition. Have prizes for different age groups and see who can throw that pumpkin the furthest. You may want to take it a step further and have friends and family create their own pumpkin throwing machines.
There are plenty of fun non-traditional and non-scary ways to celebrate this wonderful season – all it takes is a little imagination and some friends and family to help you celebrate.
If you are looking for a school that can help wake up your toddler’s imagination Montessori schools could be the perfect choice. Call Mission Valley Montessori today and take a tour to find out why our schools are different to other preschools in the area. We focus on blending fun with learning, helping your child discover the world at their own pace.